Disney and Marvel has officially launched the Avengers Endgame Oscar Campaign. Disney launched its consideration website for 2019 films competing for Oscar this year. The superhero movie Avengers Endgame which collected the highest gross by any other film also stands in the row. But this made Marvel fans disappointment after seeing the released list for Oscar Nominations. The list includes Russo Brothers, Anthony and Joe Russo for Best Director award and Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely for Best Adapted Screenplay. But on other categories, there is no name of Robert Downey Jr which makes fans furious.
As the directors of the film earlier that the only Oscar recognition from the film was Best Actor’s consideration for Downey Jr. But the production house hesitates to promote the actor for Oscar nomination this year. Reports suggest that the production house is aiming at the technicians rather than actors. According to the information it was clear that Marvel Studios and Walt Disney are more likely to focus on categories like Best Cinematography, Visual Effects, Film Editing, Original Score, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Director and Best Picture. Above all the production house receives its first Oscar nomination for the picture Black Panther in 2018. Interestingly, Downey was also previously nominated for Oscar for Best Supporting Actor in 2009. However, the award chooses its path to Heath Ledger’s performance as Joker in the Dark Knight.
Here is the list of awards by the production house.
- Picture: Kevin Feige
- Best Director: Anthony and Joe Russo
- Adapted Screenplay: Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely
- Cinematography: Trent Opaloch
- Film Editing: Jeffrey Ford & Matthew Schmidt
- Production Design: Charles Wood (Production Designer) & Tonja Schurmann (Set Decorator)
- Costume Design: Judianna Makovsky
- Make-up & Hairstyling: John Blake, Janine Thompson & Brian Sipe
- Sound Mixing: Tom Johnson, Juan Peralta & John Pritchett
- Sound Editing: Shannon Mills & Daniel Laurie
- Visual Effects: Dan Deleeuw, Matt Aitken, Russell Earl & Dan Sudick
- Original Score: Alan Silvestri
Whereas the Production house decision to not pushing Robert Downey Jr for Best Actor nominations. This made fans disappointed and roll over this news in the twitter. As a result, they started posting memes showing their disappointment towards the production house decision. Here are some of the fan’s reactions.